Lionel Messi banned from international football for 3 months

The CONMEBOL football organization suspended Lionel Messi from international matches with Argentina for three months due to corruption allegations he made at the 2019 Copa América.

The South American organization also said Friday that it fined the superstar $ 50,000 for its comments after Argentina’s 2-1 victory against Chile in third place in the tournament in July.

Messi and Argentina can still appeal the decision, which prevents the striker from playing in four friendlies this year.

The 32-year-old player will not play for Argentina’s games in September against Chile and Mexico, plus two more in October against Germany and another opponent to be elected.

Neither Messi nor the association of football of Argentina have made comments on the decision of the CONMEBOL.

Messi is already suspended from the first game of the South American World Cup qualifiers next March due to the apparently undeserved red card he received against Chile.

The Argentine was expelled only for the second time in his career after a collision with Chile’s midfielder Gary Medel, who was also expelled.

Messi avoided the medal ceremony in protest and then said that Argentina ” should not participate in this corruption.”

The Argentine also said the tournament was scheduled to win Brazil.

Messi had already complained against the American Cup arbitration after Argentina’s 2-0 defeat to Brazil in the semifinals.

When asked if he feared being suspended for his comments, he said that “the truth needed to be told”. Messi then sent an apology to CONMEBOL for your comments.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *